A WEALTH TOOL
HOME OWNER SCENARIOS: SELL YOUR HOME, BUY NEXT
enter value Your home’s projected purchase price
Tool box included in HomeToHome
One simple form for 2 transactions. Get all the calculations and a graph.
- Explore the scenarios that you’d like to play out. Interest rates, market conditions, purchase terms, repairs and remodeling expenses, and carrying costs impact your decisions.
- Compare the approximate costs of your buy & sell transactions, the financing and cash that you’ll need or receive.
- Term Sheets: Detailed breakdown of your Purchase Terms and Operating Terms for each home’s scenario. Use your Term Sheet to narrow down your options & home improvements.
- Scenario Summary: A snapshot of every scenario’s INPUT (from you) and OUTPUT including your key results: Cash In, Cash Out, and Amount Financed.
- Graph: A quick visual of your scenarios, shown according to Cash Out (selling) & Cash In (buying your nest home.
DISCLAIMER: Home Scene cannot consider all the market & financing complexities of your financial situation. Consult licensed professionals before making decisions.
When using Home Scene
Estimate Cash Out when selling & Cash In to buy your next dream home.
You’re considering selling your house. You may be pondering what you can buy next. What would that look like, cash-wise?
You could start with a wild guess. Why, isn’t there a better way? After all, people do this all the time. Wouldn’t it be great to know about how much money you’d have after you’ve moved into your new home?
Enter Home Scene (applause). One simple form and you get a “cash out” and a “cash to close” graph.
Now you’ve gone from wild guess to real possibilities in just a couple of minutes. Home Scene gives you 30 scenarios to carve out your options.
Home Leverage : Prepare/Review your Offer
Align your options with the Market Frame.
Your skilled agent negotiates (Negotiating Frame) the contract price for your home sale.
Your agent’s profile: 6 qualities that influence your home’s price
Strategically choose your Agent. Your Agent’s Profile (below) affects all stages. Use HomeToHome’s Agent AQ Search to choose your agent. Review their Agent Service Plan and use your Guide’s checklist to evaluate.
- Client Preparation: Educate client for each stage, strategically prepare clients.
- Market Alignment: Align client to inventory, pricing, timing, and opportunity.
- Property/Purchaser Acquisition: Identify best properties/buyers for client’s needs.
- Negotiation: Maximize value for client: negotiate & execute purchase.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate inspectors, appraisers, lenders, contractors, etc.
- Execution: Orchestrate all elements of a purchase agreement to protect client’s interests.
6 key factors that effect a home’s value
Home Leverage Profile reflects property characteristics, the seller’s timing & motivation, and the market. Use HomeToHome’s MarketPrice and RateThisHome to maximize Home Leverage.
- Home condition : Size, location, age, structural integrity, upgrades, staging, curb appeal
- Market Conditions : Comparables: active, pending, recently sold. Local economy
- Marketing : Price strategy, media creation, target buyer type, advertising campaigns
- Market Timing/Buyer Pool : Maximize demand of qualified buyers
- Seller Position : Timing, motivation, & equity position
- Title condition : Clean, encumbered, restrictions, CC&R’s, liens, etc.
Your value profile: 6 key factors that effect your home’s price
The 6 factors of Buyer or Seller “readiness” qualifies the client’s option to act decisively and favorably. A strong buyer is more attractive to a seller. They’re more likely to close the sale on the home. Similarly, a strong seller is already prepared and aligned with the market. Use your Lender’s Finance Plan and Profile, LoanSense and CashToClose tools to sharpen your negotiating position.
- Representing Agent: Expertise, competence and integrity
- Home: Expectations, location, condition, and list price
- Finances: Loan(s), cash position, equity, tax considerations
- Motivation: Readiness and desire to execute
- Execution: Client’s ability to cooperate with trust and honesty
- Credit: Client’s understanding of significance, qualification process, and true cost of credit
Home’s Price Profile: 4 key factors that determine a home’s value
After you have optimized your Home’s Leverage Profile, your Agent influences the Home’s Price Profile in your favor. The Home’s Price Profile is determined during negotiation between the Buyer & Seller. The Price Profile is described by these 4 factors:
- The List Price is the advertised price of a home. It should not be confused with a Market Price or Sold Price.
- The Home’s Market Price is the expected sales price of what a ready, willing and able buyer will pay.
- The Home’s Appraised Value, conducted by an independent professional on the Lender’s behalf, may affect the buyer’s ability to purchase.
- The Home’s Sold Price is the negotiated price that the seller is willing to accept and a buyer will pay.
Use HomeToHome’s HomeScene tool to generate different Term Sheet scenarios when negotiating for your most favorable Sold Price.