PREPARE FOR YOUR AGENT CONSULTATION
enter value Your home’s projected purchase price
Begin your agent consult first
Ideally, before looking for a home, meet with your agent.
Questionnaire covers the essentials for most agents to get a quick assessment.
Learn from your interview. Appreciate those agents who use a transparent Service Plan.
Tool box included in HomeToHome
Your Agent is one cornerstone of your Price Leverage
Your agent’s Questionnaire is a first step working together.
Your agent’s profile: 6 qualities that influence your home’s price
Strategically choose your Agent. Your Agent’s Profile (below) affects all stages. Use HomeToHome’s Agent AQ Search to choose your agent. Review their Agent Service Plan and use your Guide’s checklist to evaluate.
- Client Preparation: Educate client for each stage, strategically prepare clients.
- Market Alignment: Align client to inventory, pricing, timing, and opportunity.
- Property/Purchaser Acquisition: Identify best properties/buyers for client’s needs.
- Negotiation: Maximize value for client: negotiate & execute purchase.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate inspectors, appraisers, lenders, contractors, etc.
- Execution: Orchestrate all elements of a purchase agreement to protect client’s interests.
6 key factors that effect a home’s value
Home Leverage Profile reflects property characteristics, the seller’s timing & motivation, and the market. Use HomeToHome’s MarketPrice and RateThisHome to maximize Home Leverage.
- Home condition : Size, location, age, structural integrity, upgrades, staging, curb appeal
- Market Conditions : Comparables: active, pending, recently sold. Local economy
- Marketing : Price strategy, media creation, target buyer type, advertising campaigns
- Market Timing/Buyer Pool : Maximize demand of qualified buyers
- Seller Position : Timing, motivation, & equity position
- Title condition : Clean, encumbered, restrictions, CC&R’s, liens, etc.
Your value profile: 6 key factors that effect your home’s price
The 6 factors of Buyer or Seller “readiness” qualifies the client’s option to act decisively and favorably. A strong buyer is more attractive to a seller. They’re more likely to close the sale on the home. Similarly, a strong seller is already prepared and aligned with the market. Use your Lender’s Finance Plan and Profile, LoanSense and CashToClose tools to sharpen your negotiating position.
- Representing Agent: Expertise, competence and integrity
- Home: Expectations, location, condition, and list price
- Finances: Loan(s), cash position, equity, tax considerations
- Motivation: Readiness and desire to execute
- Execution: Client’s ability to cooperate with trust and honesty
- Credit: Client’s understanding of significance, qualification process, and true cost of credit
Home’s Price Profile: 4 key factors that determine a home’s value
After you have optimized your Home’s Leverage Profile, your Agent influences the Home’s Price Profile in your favor. The Home’s Price Profile is determined during negotiation between the Buyer & Seller. The Price Profile is described by these 4 factors:
- The List Price is the advertised price of a home. It should not be confused with a Market Price or Sold Price.
- The Home’s Market Price is the expected sales price of what a ready, willing and able buyer will pay.
- The Home’s Appraised Value, conducted by an independent professional on the Lender’s behalf, may affect the buyer’s ability to purchase.
- The Home’s Sold Price is the negotiated price that the seller is willing to accept and a buyer will pay.
Use HomeToHome’s HomeScene tool to generate different Term Sheet scenarios when negotiating for your most favorable Sold Price.
Select Tab (above) to view: Seller Intake or Questionnaire sheets.